Student series: bathing before an exam

 


On this fateful day, as I slept in my hostel room in College of Nursing, I slipped into a dream.  I saw myself check my score in Reproductive health on the notice board. Behold, I failed! Tears fell off my face as I knew I had to prepare for a resit.

It's just a dream! My God! I was so happy when I woke up.

I was one of those students who swore never to write a resit throughout my stay in college.

Fast forward to the semester exam. I had three papers on the day I had to write Reproductive health exam. The night before, I had prepared for two out of the three papers already. I was sleepy, so I decided to wake up in the middle of the night to read the last course. Guess what the subject was? I know right, may our enemies not catch us๐Ÿ˜‚.

So I told my roommate at 11 pm, pls wake me up by 3 am. She said okay. I laid my bed well, carried my cover cloth, and slept peacefully.

I opened my eyes slowly after a good sleep. My roommate was in her corner with books opened in her arms.

I picked up my phone as reality dawned on me that I had three exams that morning, of which I hadn't prepared for one. As I checked the time, my hands shook, not only my hands, but my voice did as I asked my roommate, "I thought I asked you to wake me up?" It's 6 am now!

In a solemn voice, my lovely roommate said, "I just woke up too."

Ah! You just woke up? And you didn't wake me up?

A lot of permutations ran through my head. I remembered my dream, and that further gave me goosebumps. Is this going to be my first failure in school?

All I could think about was the way forward. I had two and half hours before exams started for the day.

I carried my reproductive health notes, and the fast and furious race began.

At 8:10 am, my roommate asked, "Are you not taking your bath?"  We must get to the hall by 8:30 am.

I looked up at her in a "are you kidding me?" manner, "Bath?" "If I brush my teeth, I tried"

That is the end of my story.

Oh, wait! You want to know what happened after.

That's the first and last time I didn't have my bath before an exam. Meanwhile, I had 54 in the exam.

And yes, I learnt to prepare well ahead of an exam and plan my time well.

Happy new month in advance๐Ÿ˜,

Yours always,

Ruth Oluwatumininu Ololade.

Feel free to share this post๐Ÿ˜ or drop a comment below๐Ÿ‘‡






Comments

  1. 3 exams in a day, ha!!! E choke๐Ÿ™ Thank God the dream didn't come to pass.
    Nice write-up Mama๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate o!!! But the rub and shine packaging did wonders for me. I my case, I slept over at the department before such exams... So when I wake up, I clean the vital areas, brush my teeth and apply some powder and perfume... Looking fresh like newly baked cake, but the reality is that we 'never bathe o'...

    I remember my secondary school experience with the subject Chemistry... I respected that course because of its bulkiness... This faithful night before the exams, I was so bent on reading through the night so I could cover grounds. I then decided to do the coffee thing. I haven't done that before. It was my first, and also the last. So I mixed the coffee and lay on my bed as I drank it. The last thing I remembered was that I kept the cup by my bed, when I opened my eyes, it was day break already! I slept more than I ever did. Little did I know i had an opposite body reaction to coffee. I cried eh, and prayed of course, and God saw me through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleaning of vital area and the coffee thing got me laughing ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Sleeping till day break with coffee, lol.

      Anything to survive๐Ÿ˜

      Thanks for engaging ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  3. Interesting ๐Ÿ˜‚. Happy new month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm! Nursing can be so frustrating but thank God we are more than conqueror. Nice write up ma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS