The Adrenaline Rush

 

I was about 8 years old when I visited a family with my dad. I was watching TV in their sitting room when the light went off. I was disappointed initially, until the man went out and within 2 minutes, there was light again. I asked my dad if NEPA (as the Electricity distribution company was called then) restored the light, he said no, it's a generator. I had never heard of a generator before in my life and didn't get the opportunity to see one that day, but I remember leaving their house with the idea that the man must be very wealthy enough to own a generator. Years later we had our own generator, and we have used several ones since then.

My cousin told me about the first time she saw a DSTV dish, her neighbours had just bought one. According to her, it was brought in with a big truck and was so big that several men had to carry it in. I could not imagine a dish that big because by the time we owned  a DSTV dish, it was so portable that I could carry it alone without breaking a sweat.

You will wonder why I'm telling you these stories. 

There's this adrenaline rush that has always been, to be the first to get latest technologies and inventions. Remember when sim card was about N22,000, some people used their life savings to get one then. I'm sure someone was out there those days crying and hoping he/she would have the financial means to get one. Now you can get a sim card for just N100, and I cannot count the number of sims I have dumped and Airtel has reallocated to some Hausa guys out there😆.

My point is, as we go into the new year 2021, do not go about overdoing yourself. If you can afford some things, by all means, go ahead and spend your money. If you cannot, tell the adrenaline rush to calm down. Your time will come, when you will use those things you wish for now in abundance.

                                                        Your time will come!

Yours always,

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu.

feel free to share this post😍 or drop a comment below👇

Happy new year 2021 in advance💜.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS