The Cheerleaders


What will you do if there is no one to cheer you on? 

When there is no cheerleader for your team, no spectators to clap and shout your name, will you still play effectively? That is one question I want to ask football players when I get the chance😄

Is your motivation extrinsic or intrinsic? Because although extrinsic motivation goes a long way, the most important motivation for you is you.

Growing up, I heard a lot of my classmates in primary and secondary school talk about how their parents check their books and monitor them as they do their assignment, I was like, really? no one tells me to go do my assignment or check my books. 

I'm my own boss mehn (lemme feel myself small😂) because my parents, mom especially, didn't have to push me to do assignments or read my books. Even when she wants to send me on some non-urgent errands sometimes, I tell her to please allow me complete my assignments and she gives me time (as per the understanding mother that she is😄).

So the truth is we must become responsible for ourselves more than anyone can be for us.

Just think about it, if nobody encourages that thing you do, or cheers you on, will you still keep at it?

It's the same way I'm asking myself if I'll keep at writing these blog posts when there's no comment to encourage me, lol.

We'll always need the external motivation from others, but we must firstly seek that which is within, for when there's no-one around, you can be your greatest cheerleader.

Yours always,

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu.

feel free to share this post😍 or comment below👇

Comments

  1. Thanks for this. I personally believe there is always something that motivates every one; passion, potential gains, people and sometimes why we start what we do. In, I think I can do without a cheerleader but maybe not without other sources of motivation. By the way, I love reading your posts, although it's been a while I got a notification in my Email. Keep it up sis and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwn, thanks a lot for your feedback.
      I'll work on the mail notification again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS