Last wazo; Spend or Save?




There was a day I started feeling bad on my way to go and buy chicken and chips for myself. It had been over a month I gave myself a treat at that time.

I wondered if I was doing the right thing because I needed money for quite many things, and there I was going to spend #2000 on food.

Notwithstanding, Immediately after I got home, I took the time to eat my delicious meal over a movie so that the satisfactory feeling would hit home. I cannot comman kill myself. I could understand why some people will spend their 'last wazo' on food without thinking about what comes next.

I comforted myself by thinking about how many individuals died without ever enjoying the money they worked so hard to obtain. So I told myself, why deprive myself of enjoyment once in a while?

Problem no dey finish, but my body will thank me for feeding it well.

Yes, I know everyone talks about saving and investing. But we need a balance to these things, else someone somewhere will die young just because all they do is save and invest without treating themselves right.

I educated some people about finances and how to manage money, and I told them, spend and save, that's the balance.

Take it from someone who was once the kind of person that would rather save than meet my basic needs (besides food anyway, I love food a lot). There were times I needed to buy new clothes or shoes because the old ones had worn out, yet I managed what I had in the name of saving.

My appearance was at stake, not until I met friends who like to spend on themselves to ensure they are socially worthy to 'mingle with kings' even if na wazo remain for their pocket. lol.

Anyway, this is how I gradually learnt the balance. I'm still learning though

So learn to put a balance in your financial life. Spend and Save!

Yours always, 

Ruth Oluwatumininu Ololade

feel free to share the post☺ or drop a comment below👇






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS