Womb Eviction Day

I almost wasn't going to write this, because I felt like I'm guilty of it too, but then my final decision to write is as a result of my determination to do better going forward😅, so here it is! 

Several years ago, the concept of gifting people for their birthdays was regularly practiced. I remember receiving quite a number of gifts from my friends and toasters😜 and I also got some for people. 

I can still remember this gift shop I do go to. Oh! Remember those gift cards (birthday, wedding and much more) some of which I bought for as little as #30/#50😄. Even though people eventually throw them away when it starts littering the house but receiving them makes you feel like you matter, yeah? 

During one of my birthdays in secondary school, we were going to start our exams that day, and so my best friend, Olamide, handed over my birthday gift before the exam started. I opened the wrap and was greeted by 2 pens, 2 pencils, 1 razor blade, 2 erasers and a ruler. 

I was so happy, you would think I won a lottery. Of course, I had brought my writing materials in preparation for the exam to school that morning, but I kept them and used the ones she gave me, the thought mattered to me😊 

I'm starting to realize our generation is sticking to more of Dps, Whatsapp status, Instagram post and so on. Those that go an extra mile creates a video or flier for the celebrant which is really nice. 

But the situation that changed my whole ideation was when my G (girlfriend, gistpartner and all the remaining Gs😜) was gonna celebrate her birthday and I'm like, I don't have money to buy a gift right now, I'll wait till next year. 

Suddenly I remembered the birthday gift Olamide gave me in secondary school, it then occurred to me that no matter how small, I can still do something, and so I sent her airtime. 

Now, I'm not against the dp, whatsapp status wishes (not when I'm starting to realize people taking their time to post on their status means a lot too).

But my point is, don't wait till you have lots of money to get a gift, what you call little goes a long way too.

Give the little you can, it's the thought that matters eventually! 

But wait o, don't start expecting a gift from me as a result of this post biko😂😉

Yours always, 

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu. 

Feel free to share this post😍 or drop👇 a comment.








 

Comments

  1. What an interesting post. That your girlfriend is really blessed to have a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coz, interesting post... Being a writer, I know what it takes to put words together. You have the narrative power. Use it deeply and keep the good work going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really nice story. Caught my attention... A yeah give the little u can, it's the thought that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love short and straightforward stories like this. Keep it up Ma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS