THE WALLPAPER

Since this is my first post in 2021, let me officially say, "Happy new year".  Thank you so much for reading my blog all the way. Your feedback means a lot, because whenever I feel lazy to write๐Ÿ˜†, I remember there's someone out there waiting to hear from me. I love you all.

Moving on to what I have for you today, you know how we start the year with fresh resolutions and plans/ideas, in general, I found that a lot of people use the beginning of the year as a time to declutter: take out old contacts, unsubscribe from irrelevant subscriptions, leave WhatsApp group pages that are no longer beneficial to them, etc. 

For me, I did the little decluttering I could do๐Ÿ˜„ and I certainly did not have new year resolutions. I didn't have a list to name "new year resolutions" because I did a lot of reviews about my life in the past year in December, and by the end of that month, I had already started living based on the modifications I made for myself from those reviews even before the new year started. 

However, in the second week of January, while staring at the desktop page of my laptop, I discovered that I have been using the same wallpaper from 2019 on both my phone and my laptop. In that moment of realization, I said to myself, C'mon Ruth, it's a new year, let's get a fresh view. 

So I grabbed my phone and although it took a while๐Ÿ˜† to settle with a suitable wallpaper, I did eventually. 

I realized that sometimes, we are used to the status quo to the extent that we get scared of 'change'. Creative designers and content developers are able to do well because they see regular things from a different perspective enough for them to come up with new ideas and contents that are not so common.

The wallpaper change, for me, was so refreshing. Whenever I turn on my laptop or unlock my phone, I see a fresh image that makes me feel like there's a brand new me reflecting from them. I decided to have them changed as often as I can, henceforth.

My parting words are, If you reach a crossroads of life, perhaps the old wineskin cannot hold the new wine, change your perspective, get a new view of things, You cannot imagine the kind of inspiration or motivation you can get from something as trivial as that. 

"This is how I have always done it" can sometimes be a silent killer. To yield better results than before, you have to try new things. My appraisal of last year helped me change a lot of things about myself. Of course, this doesn't guarantee that the improvements I have made won't include any flops, that's the essence of continuous evaluation, gradually you know yourself better and you are closer to becoming who you really are.

So finally, I say to you again, Change your wallpaper!๐Ÿ˜‚

Yours always,

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu.

feel free to share the post๐Ÿ˜ or drop a comment below๐Ÿ‘‡

Comments

  1. I change mine at least weekly

    My phone brings different theme pop up
    Thanks for the piece ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's cool, I should probably adopt this as well.
      Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS