Encounter vs Ignorance


 

Hello reader, how have you been? How is preparation for the last half of the year? 

I'm back again with something slightly different. You know I'll always have a story to share to back my content.

So in my teenage years, I was in my room one day when I noticed a strange language coming to my heart, as one conversing within my heart, I was almost slapping myself wondering what nonsense was coming to my heart, I even bound the devil 😂 

Little did I know, that I had received the Holy Spirit and the evidence of speaking in tongues was trying to manifest. 

Years later, I started seeking the ability to speak in tongues. I went for meetings where they called out those that want to receive the Holy Spirit with the evidence of tongues to be prayed for but was there watching others speak while nothing came from me, and when the ministers became tired of those of us who are not speaking, especially where time was running out, they'll ask us to go back to our seat. 

I was very sad, so much that I became skeptical of going out when the ministers make the altar call because I knew I would go back home the same way eventually. Until one day...

Bro Steve Onoviran organized an interview for the new set of FCN executives to be selected in my school, SONI. And then he asked me, can you speak in tongues? I replied, "No sir". He then told about 3 of us to meet him for a vigil that night. 

As usual, during the vigil, the other 2 started speaking in tongues within a short time, and I was there praying and begging God, even though within me, I felt that it was going to be the same outcome, "This man will get tired of me now and round off the vigil", I told myself. 

But he kept telling me, you have it already, all you have to do is speak. Lo and behold, I opened my mouth and those words started coming, slowly at first and then powerfully. 

Fast forward to GSFUI bible study, Bro Johnson came forward as usual (he was my favorite Sunday school teacher) and shared a story of how he had initially started speaking in tongues without anybody praying for him and thought it to be rubbish, and years later he realized he had received what he was looking for a long time ago. Then it dawned on me, I had received it but ignorance made me term it (tongues) the devil's handwork😂  and left me actively searching for what I had already received years before. 

I remember another encounter I had as a child. Anytime I was in the bathroom having a bath, as soon as I close my eyes, I see the shape of 2 eyes (like eye sockets in a skeleton). I was confused as to what I was seeing but there was no one to tell me what it was. As usual, I attributed it to the devil, praying against it. 

The two eye sockets never left me, and as I grew older, they started appearing to me during church meetings anytime I close my eyes to pray. 

One day, while in the University, I told my spiritual friend, I do see two eye sockets whenever I'm praying, can you help me pray against it, and he said, "Do you think it's the devil bringing it to you". I was confused as I had always thought it was demonic.

Imagine my joy when he told me he started seeing the same thing as a child especially when he's in the bathroom. I was so glad to see someone who shared the same experience with me. 

So anytime I see the eyes, I know the spirit of Prophecy is in the atmosphere (even though I know I haven't fully understood it, yet I had a better understanding). 

Knowledge is power indeed and ignorance steals from us. 

Knowledge liberates! I believe sharing our encounters and experiences can liberate someone somewhere having  similar experiences but no knowledge of how to handle it. 

Can you also share a divine encounter you had? I'll love to learn from you too. Sharing isn't boasting, it's a testimony.

Yours always, 

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu, 

Feel free to share this post and drop a comment below. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS