Wanna be like You...

That popular saying, "I wanna be like you when I grow up"...



 The "avoidable" headache of man begins when they start to compare themselves with other people. 

Hoping they can achieve what their friend or colleague achieved without having to go through the sacrifices required in attaining those successes. 

Some with a hint of jealousy, wishing they can be the one in that neighbour's shoes. Of course, enjoying the good times, not the bad. 

They see their crush or ex getting married to a beautiful woman and begin to say something like "I'm sure I'm more beautiful than she is" or "I can bet that I'm better in bed than she is". But deep inside, they only feel bad because they're not the beautiful lady in the wedding gown next to the man. 

And so, life goes on and on with one person at a rung of a ladder wishing they were at the upper rung where life seems to be better, at least that's what they assume from their standing point. 

I once told my friend during a discussion that as much as I feel like a lot of my friends are moving ahead of me or even faster than I think I am, I also realized there are other people looking up to me, wishing they are even where I am right now.  This life no balance at allπŸ˜„

So when you begin to think about your lack of job, child, spouse, house and all other material things and wishing you're in the shoes of that your friend, think twice, because that your friend is also looking up to someone else wishing her life is like that other person, so everyone is having that "avoidable" headache called "Comparison".

While hoping to be in the other person's shoes,who told you the shoe will fit you well, or that you'll love the texture or feel of the shoe on your leg?

Be grateful for where you are now. 

Aspire to be better but not by all means wanting to be somebody else.

Remember, as you "wanna be like" that person, some people wanna be like you, some people will be grateful to have what you have. 

Feel free to drop a comment or share this post😍.

Yours always,

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu.

Click the subscribe button to get a notification of new posts on this blog. 




Comments

  1. So true Mama. May we be sensible and grateful for where we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True talk my dear... Comparison is the thief of joy. I never allow it. It's always gonna come up sometime but like u said , someone too wants to be like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Aspire to be better but not by all means wanting to be somebody else."

    Enough advice to keep a man running. πŸ’–
    A BETTER me is BETTER than a BETTER YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmn, I like that.

      A better me is better than a better you.

      Very true! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I find myself doing this and really, I always have a backup self-talk to bring me back to my senses��.
    Thanks for this madam O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully, we all go through it at one point or the other.

      Thanks to the self-talk that brings us back, right?😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS