I'm His baby!

 


While packing the Jollof rice we cooked towards my dad and mum's birthday thanksgiving that morning, this boy of about 6 years was helping us to pack the Styrofoam disposable plates.

He observed there were 3 colours of the Styrofoam disposable plates; blue, pink and yellow. He looked up and told his mother that he loved the blue plates more, then he added, "I'm going to be given a food from the blue plate in church today".

I looked up at him immediately because his words caught my attention. I just felt this boy spoke from a place of confidence, he was so sure of himself getting the blue plate. So I said "Make sure you come and show me the colour of the food pack you get today".

Fast forward to the end of service, I had forgotten all about our morning conversation. The boy ran towards me and said "I told you so, I got the blue plate" (Of course, the kids line up while their coordinators hand over their food to them. They don't pick it themselves). 

Out of disbelief, I said, bring your food, let me see. He brought it and alas! it was a blue plate. I shook his hand in a "that's good of you" manner.

However, I had a nostalgic feeling; remembering this popular saying I grew up with, that God is closer to children. And as young as I was then, I wondered if God would be far from me when I grow up. In my mind, I'd rather not grow up if God will not be close to me anymore.

So, I wondered why people believed this saying to be true, I tried to decode the difference between me and this boy. Why he had so much faith and confidence about what he'll get and it was so. 

My conclusion was that, as an adult, I have seen a lot in life, so much that my brain calculates and analyzes a lot before I allow myself to have faith. But this boy didn't analyze or plan how he was going to get the blue disposable plate, he just knew he was gonna be on a queue, and on getting to the front of the line, a blue disposable plate containing Jollof rice will be handed over to him.

I hear people say "Adulthood is a scam", they say this particularly in matters relating to money, where younger ones bill you as an adult😊. Anyway, who says I can't remain a child, because despite being an adult faced with real life situations, I can be God's baby; closer to Him like those children and having so much faith that I stop analyzing and calculating the impossibilities in a situation.

Remain His baby!

Build your faith!

With confidence, get all that you desire like that boy.

Be confident in faithing it😍

Yours always,

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu.

feel free to share the post😊 or drop a comment below👇

Also, remember to click the subscribe button above to get notifications of my new posts😍.










Comments

  1. I believe it the matter of the heart, the Bible recorded it if we can receive the kingdom of God like little children may God help our faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I was gonna add that verse of the bible too.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Confidence and faith. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be confident in faithing things to existence, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS