The Learner's Permit

 As a fresh undergraduate, having grown up in a family where we believe in cooking our own food, while going to restaurants/eateries isn't a permitted luxury😄...


...I found myself amidst friends while studying one day, talking about hotdogs, sharwama, pizza etc and I'm like I've  not eaten any of the above before. Imagine their surprise, they laughed ehn. And I was like, I no send jare😄.

Then I took an adventure of intentionally buying each of those food items, sharwama today, pizza another day, just to mark my own register of experience and thereafter, I could do yanga to people who haven't tasted any before, especially my brothers, as per local champion😂

I realized there's this pride in knowing something someone else doesn't, and having the privilege of being the vessel of honour😄 impacting the knowledge.

Now, you can be in the midst of enormous knowledge, yet deprived of gaining this knowledge by your own self. 

This made me realize you don't force people to learn things unless they permit themselves to do so. 

Have you seen children of well known bakers who can barely make puff-puff?...

...Or offspring of fashion designers who don't even know fabric-types not to talk of how to drive a sewing machine?

Same way you can be an undergraduate for a particular course, reading to pass an exam whereas the nitty-gritty of the course isn't unknown to you. 

You permit that which you want to know. 

It's like a door, which you keep opened or closed, or just opened to selected information. 

You'll be amazed the kind of knowledge you will harness when you're willing to permit it to flow without limitation.

Keep learning!

Keep growing!

Allow your learner's permit!

Yours always,

Ololade Ruth Oluwatumininu.

Feel free to share or drop a comment!😍

PS: A dedicated post to my younger brother and graphics designer, Ololade Peace, as he celebrates his birthday today😍


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILY DYNAMICS